No-Knead Whey Bread in Dutch Oven
Just 5 minutes to make the dough and 25 mins to bake! An easy way to make use of leftover whey from Instant Pot yogurt. Recipe adapted from https://delishably.com/.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whey warmed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast (8g)
- 3 cups bread flour (or all purpose/whole wheat flour)
Preparing the dough
- Dissolve 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 packet of yeast (8g) in the warmed whey.
- In a large bowl, combine the whey mixture and 3 cups of flour.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or saran wrap, and let the dough rise for 2 hours (or overnight in fridge).
- When the dough has doubled in size, place an oiled dutch oven with lid in the oven and preheat oven to 450F.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface or parchment paper. Pull 4 sides of the dough into the center, and then flip the dough upside down so the seams are underneath and the dough is rounded on top. (Alternative: Turn dough within the bowl and shape into a ball)
- Once oven has been preheated, remove the dutch oven and lightly flour the pot. Place the dough seam side down into the pot. Lightly flour and make a few cuts in the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 25-30 min covered, and then bake for 5 mins uncovered or until the loaf is medium-dark brown. The loaf will sound hollow when you knock on the top.